Women's Studies Journal
Calling for Submissions
Contributions for general issues are accepted at any time. WSJ publishes work that addresses women's experiences, explores gender as a category of analysis, and furthers feminist theory and debate in areas that have relevance to Aotearoa/New Zealand and the Pacific within a broader context of international concerns. Proposals for Special Issue subjects are also welcome.
All correspondence other than submissions for consideration should be forwarded to:
The Waikato Editorial Collective
New Zealand Women's Studies Journal c/o Women's and Gender Studies Programme
School of Social Sciences
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences The University of Waikato Private Bag 3105
Hamilton Aotearoa/New Zealand
All submissions should be emailed, in Word format, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for Submission to the Women's Studies Journal
The Women's Studies Journal
editorial collective invites suitable submissions within the following categories:
- Full papers/review essays (8,000 words)
- Brief research reports (2,000-4,500 words)
- Student research reports (2,000-2,500 words)
- Reflections from the field (2,000-2,500 words)
- Film/media analyses (1,500 words)
- Political commentaries (2,000-2,500 words)
- Book reviews (contact our book reviews editor, email@example.com).
Articles submitted for consideration must be original work and should not be submitted elsewhere while under review with WSJ. Before submitting your original manuscript, please ensure it conforms to the Guidelines