Women's Studies Association (NZ)/Pae Akoranga Wāhine
Join or Renew
The Women's Studies Association is a small, voluntary, non-profit organisation, independent of any institution. Your subscriptions support us to undertake a wide range of activities, including:
- a conference, usually held every two years (members receive discounts on enrolment)
- special events, which from September 2014 will include regional events around Suffrage Day and International Women's Day each year (members receive discounts on enrolment)
- our website at www.wsanz.org.nz which carries news and information about the Association and its activities and will increasingly provide access to a rich range of past WSA and members' publications
- a newsletter three times a year (from July 2014 this will be e-mailed to members, either in PDF format or via links to our website)
- a twice yearly journal, currently available free on our website
- an e-list, which provides rapid communications to members (members are offered the opportunity to join the e-list when they join the Association; currently, non-members can be on the e-list too, but that will shortly change)
- a Facebook page, which is enjoying increasing traffic (search for wsanz on Facebook)
- conference proceedings (2013 can be ordered via our website)
- and a range of other activities, including submissions, publicizing activities of sister organizations and any activities that fit within our aims which include promoting feminist scholarship and women's studies and preserving our heritage.
Membership benefits, as well as support for the Association's feminist activities, include discounts on events and publications, and the right to participate in our affairs through having your say, contributing to activities or being elected to committees and working groups. You may also claim membership on your CV.
The subscription runs for the financial year from 1 April to 31 March. New members are welcome at any time of year; membership will run from 1 April in the financial year of joining.
- Organisations and Institutions - $35.00
- Medium to High Income - $35.00
- Low to Medium Income - $25.00
- Low Income - $10.00
- Secondary School Students - $5.00
- Associate Members (as for members)
Please EITHER complete and post this form to: WSA (NZ), PO Box 44336, Point Chevalier, AUCKLAND 1246 with your cheque
OR email your contact details (as above) to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay via internet banking to
38 9015 0682519 01, Women's Studies Association (NZ).