Women's Studies Association (NZ)/Pae Akoranga Wāhine
Join or Renew
The Women's Studies Association (New Zealand) is a small, voluntary, non-profit organisation, independent of any institution. It is a feminist organization, formed in 1976 to promote radical social change through the medium of women's studies. We now describe our mission as promoting feminist scholarship and activism.
Your subscriptions support us to undertake a wide range of activites, including:
- a conference, usually held every two years (members receive discounts on enrolment)
- special events from time to time
- our website at www.wsanz.org.nz which carries news and information about the Association and its activities and will increasingly provide access to a rich range of past WSA and members' publications
- an electronic newsletter three times a year, e-mailed to members
- a twice yearly journal, currently available free on our website
- an e-list, which provides rapid communications to members (members are offered the opportunity to join the e-list when they join the Association; currently, non-members can be on the e-list too)
- a Facebook page, which is enjoying increasing traffic (search for wsanz on Facebook)
- and a range of other activities, including submissions, publicizing activities of sister organizations and any activities that fit within our aims which include promoting feminist scholarship and women's studies and preserving our heritage.
Membership benefits, as well as support for the Association's feminist activities, include discounts on events and publications, and the right to participate in our affairs through having your say, contributing to activities or being elected to committees and working groups. You may also claim membership on your CV.
The 2019/2020 subscription runs for the financial year April 2019/March 2020.
We invite you to rejoin for 2019/2020.
- Organisations and Institutions - $35.00
- Medium to High Income - $35.00
- Low to Medium Income - $25.00
- Low Income - $10.00
- Secondary School Students - $5.00
- Associate Members (as for members)
Please EITHER complete and post this form to: WSA (NZ), PO Box 44 336, Point Chevalier, AUCKLAND 1246 with your cheque
OR email your contact details (as above) to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay via internet banking to
38 9015 0682519 01, Women's Studies Association (NZ).